navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Friday, February 7, 2014

Pregnancy Update - 20 Weeks

I don't have a 20 week picture, in fact this is the only week picture I do have


I figured I should write some stuff down before I forget.

I never wrote down how Mark and I found out I was expecting so here goes. We had been trying for some time and I have always had very regular cycles, but all of a sudden I just stopped getting my period. Which by the way that's a mean trick when you are trying to get pregnant. Anyway, so it had been about 3 months and still nothing so I was seeing a doctor to try and get my cycles restarted. She put me on hormones and after about 3 weeks of the hormones not kicking me into gear, she finally made me take a pregnancy test. I was hesitant because I figured if I hadn't been getting my period, I wasn't having a normal cycle but I went home that day (nov. 4th) and took a home pregnancy test. I was SHOCKED when it was positive. I yelled to Mark and we kind of just didn't believe it. So I naturally took 2 more tests just to be sure ;) They all came back positive! I called the doctor the next day and we scheduled a best guess for an 8 week appointment, which when we went turned out I was more like 10 weeks along. We have just been going off that, but I guess I could always be further or less along since there is no last period date to go off of. I don't think we really felt like it was official until that appointment, just because the circumstances were so weird. Well that's not true, I felt like it was real because I was feeling sucky, but it was still a little surreal to both me and Mark.

So my first trimester I was nauseous pretty much constantly without actually ever throwing up. It was really hard to eat anything at all, I tried to just snack all the time but even that was hard and didn't help that much anyway. My daily routine was pretty much get up, go to work, come home, sleep, repeat. I didn't do anything else for those few weeks, which was kinda awesome. I was also very sensitive to smells, I would open our fridge and just gag because of all the awful smells (not like we had rotting food or anything, just normal fridge smell) Around 13 or 14 weeks, I got my appetite back and it's back in full swing by the way, and so is my energy. Yay!

I posted on Instagram that Jelly Bellies had been my craving of choice, imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this at ShopKo. I might need to go back today. I have a ziploc bag left in my purse of all the gross flavors, so this is a way to not waste any beans. 

Now in my second trimester, I have officially reached the halfway mark in my pregnancy, technically it was on Tuesday. I have been feeling pretty good lately. Since my energy is back, I started exercising more. I bought 2 prenatal workouts and I have actually grown to really enjoy them, which is weird for me. Maybe it's because I have real motivation to stay healthy, or just to keep from gaining too much weight. Either way, I'm okay with it. The one thing thats been putting a damper is this round ligament pain, it's been so bad sometimes I can't walk at all and have thrown up from the pain. Luckily, thats only been a couple of times and Mark and my family have happily taken care of me.


We went at 15 weeks to Fetal Fotos and found out that we are having a boy! Big shocker, I know. We are super excited, and Mark immediately started sending me links to tiny baby sports jerseys. And I immediately started nursery decor shopping. I have bought fabrics to make curtains and other things, but it looks like we will be moving apartments so I can't actually get started which is KILLING me. That is the biggest reason I want to move as soon as possible, so I can start setting up the nursery.


Goodbye Trusty Blue
Hello Subaru
Oh we also bought a new car sometime after we found out we were going to have a baby. My lovely Taurus happened to break down again and it was going to cost more than it was worth to fix so we decided it was the perfect time to buy a real family car. I have absolutely loved owning what feels like a real grown up car!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...