navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Thursday, May 22, 2014

May

During the month of May so far, we have done some fairly fun things! I have my baby showers coming up in a few days, but those will get separate posts. 

Every year Mark and I talk about going to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point and this year we finally pulled the trigger! I'm not sure why we chose this year, since I am very pregnant, and I got tired of walking quickly, but thats okay. It was definitely worth it, the grounds were so pretty! 

I got tired and decided to sit in this tulip garden


Mark has gone above and beyond for me since I've been pregnant. He is always telling me to get off my swollen feet and that he will take care of whatever it is I'm trying to do. And I was dying to get a fresh coat of paint on my toes, and look who stepped up to the plate. He's a keeper ;)


We got to take Sadie to her dance recital at BYU. She's the one laying on the ground. She did amazing and it was so fun to watch all the performances!


We have been working on getting our house together (when I say we, I mostly mean Mark). Look at the awesome job he did hanging our lights! And those wicker chairs are a project in waiting, who knows when I'll get to them.

It's the end of the school year, eh kinda, Mark will still be going into the clinic during the summer to see patients. His school had an end of the year award ceremony! It was fun to get to know more of Mark's colleagues. There were a ton of new babies there, got me super antsy for our little guy to get here!


And I finally got a new battery charger for my camera, so I made Mark take some pictures of me on Sunday since I was dressed like a real person. And out of all the ones we took, there were only these 2 that I approved of - the joys of pregnancy!



And a pregnancy update:

The latest ultrasound, this is about a month old now. Again, his head is smashed against the placenta, which is why there is only half a face and his hands are always in the way. Little guy might be a little shy. 

I'm currently 35.5 weeks pregnant, but it feels more like a million. The doctor did say my body thinks it's about 2 weeks further along than it is due to some extra amniotic fluid I have. He's hasn't been too worried about the extra fluid. However, I am going in for non-stress tests and fluid checks weekly starting next week. So I'll know more then. And we'll see if I get the go ahead to fly to California for Paige's wedding. Here's hoping!

I haven't been sleeping great for a while now, even with my mountain of pillows surrounding me. Mark hasn't been sleeping great either due to my snoring he says. We're just getting ready for when Griffin gets here and we aren't sleeping anyway. 

I'm waiting for the nesting to kick in because I really WANT to organize and clean everything, but with my low energy and swollen feet after work, it's just not happening as fast as I would like it too. 

My aunts and sisters are throwing me a shower this Saturday and then I have one at work next Tuesday. And I can't wait!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...