navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Reunion: Part 2

Arnett

We went to our second family reunion of the summer. The Howard and Ethel Arnett's gathered in Durango, Colorado. Mark and I were fortunate enough to make the 8 hour drive in Dana's car, with Sadie, Joe and baby Marshall - oh, he was such a joy!

The night we got there we all had dinner together and my Aunt Candy did a special presentation about the Arnetts and our uniqueness. It was very sweet and I believe the script is on her blog.

Oh and most of these pictures were taken by my talented cousin Chea and stolen by me.

Family Tree


The next day Mark went golfing with some uncles and cousins, while I slept in. The rest of the day was spent at Lake Vallecito. It was cold and muddy and fun.
Mark and I were among the few adults that actually got in. Here's the proof.

After our fun day at the lake, we had an auction of crafts, toys, goodies, etc. that everyone brought to help pay for the reunion. Sadie caught on real fast and pretty much kept her hand up the entire time. She won a ton of goodies that I'm sure Dana was more than happy to pay for. Mark and I bought only won one thing, a beautiful genealogy chart that is now hanging in our living room, made by Ryan Brijs.


Everyone showcased their talents after the auction. Here's Sadie supporting Pop-Pop in a sing-a-long of Hey Jude.
Some very flexible cousins
The Arnett siblings
The whole gang

It was a lot fun to see everyone again, and for Mark to meet more of my family. Speaking of meeting more family, cousin Lexi is finally home from her mission - Huzzah!

The Larry Arnett's spent one more day in Colorado and visited Mesa Verde National Park. Coming up next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...