navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mark had a birthday

I'm getting closer and closer to catching up to real time. I'm only 7 days late posting about Mark's bday.

His birthday started the day before when he got a very special haircut. From me. Oh, I was so nervous and really didn't think I could do it. But Mark assured me that there was nothing to it. He wanted a 4 on the sides and a 6 on the top - I was nervous about the blending those to together part.
Before

Middle

After
Lucky for me a mistake was made, and we accidentally used the 4 all over his head so I had no blending to do. So it is a little bit shorter than he wanted, but it'll grow.

Mark started his birthday by golfing with his friend Dan. I started it by putting up a decoration and wrapping some presents.

Later that day we were treated to a delicious dinner at Shoots (chinese food) by my Mom and Dad. Dana and her kids were there, Stacey and Jax, and cousin Chad and his girlfriend, Karissa. It was tasty and fun.

Before dinner

So I requested Dana's help to make Mark a cake because I tried making a round cake once and it turned out miserably. I couldn't get them out of the pans and it all just crumbled on me. Well even though Dana claims that has never happened to her before, it happened this time round.

Here's a shot of cake number 1

Sadly we were short on time after all that wasted time so his second cake didn't turn out much better. Stacey helped with the decorating.

Larry leading everyone in a round of "Happy Birhday"
Posing, as usual

Surrounded by kids, as usual, when opening presents

Mark's not here to ask him, but I think it was a good birthday all in all.

3 comments:

  1. I bought clippers today so I can start cutting Quinn's and Asher's hair. I'm very nervous as well. I hope it turns out as well as Mark's did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Looks like you've got the same cake-making-handicap that I do! My mom has it too...I'm blaming it on the Wagner genes...I guess your children are doomed with it coming from both sides. ;-) Happy late birthday Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! I love the hair cut story. I remember the day rich begged me for a 3 all over... then the next month it was a 2 all over.... then I made him do the 1 and now he just shaves it all off himself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...