Well, here I am wanting to do a whole Thanksgiving recap but it seems my blog, along with a few fellow bloggers, is out of space. How odd that we all coincidentally ran out of space at the same time. So no photos, even though I have so many to share.
(I might just end up starting a second blog because I don't want to pay for more space)
But Mark and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday surrounded by family and food. What more could you want.
It was completely different from our last Thanksgiving. At the time, Mark was applying to dental schools for the second year in a row. The first year provided us with no prospects or hope of getting accepted that year. But Mark was resilient and determined and completed the whole application process again. And was invited to interview at UCSF - a dream school a month or two before Thanksgiving. But the day before Turkey day, he was notified by UCSF that he was not accepted into their dental program. It was a very sad time. His second year of applying to schools, our only prospect at the time and they decided to reject him the day before a major holiday, which I thought was completely unnecessary. Mark just needed one day to be discouraged and upset, so we spent Thanksgiving just us two in our little duplex apartment and my parents brought us some leftovers.
This year, Mark is in his fourth month of dental school at Roseman University and loving it! We are so grateful for the way things worked out and we know it was for the best. We get to stay in Utah, near so much family for the next 4 years at least. I know I couldn't be happier about that.
Now bring on Celine Dion's These Are Special Times album on repeat for the next month. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!






i was so pissed when i realized my blog ran out of space... what the crap. so i did the unthinkable and started a new one. oh well. woe is me. hopefully you will find a good way around that!
ReplyDelete