navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our Favorite Pastime

B-BB-B-BBB-B-BB Go Bayside!!

Anyone remember that cheer?

If not, remember this gang?

How could you forget? You couldn't.

This is how Mark and I spend the few minutes we aren't studying.
Because we don't have tv and it really is nice to just sit and relax while watching something, we popped in the first season of Saved By The Bell a few weeks ago (yes, I do own all the season's - even the Tori years, oh but not the college years) Anyways, we are enjoying this show immensely. It's so ridiculous but I never knew it til now. When I watched it as a little child I thought it was the most amazing thing - which admittedly it still is, but in a different way.
Sadly though, my season 1 is missing disc 4 which is like the most important disc I found out. It's the prom one - you know where Slater and Jessie get stuck in the boiler room, and Kelly and Zack finally get together. So we had to skip the pivotal episodes and I was really distraught about it. So a shout out to my parent's house - keep an eye for a SBTB Disc 4!

On another note, I'm really getting a feel for this journalism thing. Today was one of my least favorite experiences.
At like quarter to 2 our power went out - which ironically, we were in the middle of an SBTB episode - and then about half hour later my editor calls me in a panic

Editor: "There is a huge power outage in Provo."
Me: "Yeah I know, my power's out - I can't do anything"
Editor: "Can you cover it?"
Me: "I have class in an hour and a half"
Editor: "That's fine, have it in before then"
Me: (in my head) "Really? That didn't give you the hint that I didn't have time or that I don't want to do it?"
Me: (out-loud) "Oh ok"

So I then hurriedly gathered everything I needed, ran out and knocked on a neighbor's door. I had no idea what type of story this should be.
By 3:15 though I had interviewed 5 random people - some off the street and some I just knocked on their doors, a little bit sketch and my story was done by 4 pm and I ran to class.

Last thing, I dyed my hair. I'm trying to go au naturel, I don't think I'm quite there yet. But I like the color nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. you make me laugh... we will keep an eye out for that SBTB disk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was your most riveting article yet!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...