Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Just Call Me Lorelai
This is kind of for my personal record. I found this "Gilmore Girl" reading challenge (on Pinterest of course), and since I have always dreamed of being a Lorelai Gilmore (don't really care which one) it seemed like this was the right way to do it. It's a compilation of all the books referenced on that glorious show. Maybe while I'm at it, I should watch the series again. Couldn't hurt. (Do any of my high school girls read this Laura? Tina? Jytte? Anyone? Remember those days/nights)
Anyway, it might not be the best reading list out there, but I always find myself re-reading my favorite books (ahem Harry Potter) instead of branching out and this seemed like the best way to try. Heck, if I can get TV to motivate me to read, I'll take it. Not that I don't enjoy reading, because I do, but I also enjoy TV. A Lot. I've crossed out the books that I've read and I remember what happens in them. Some of the books I read in high school but can't recall anything from them, so I shall read them again (maybe.. it's a big list). I just finished The Great Gatsby, obviously motivated by the movie coming out as well. Now I need to choose my next one... Suggestions welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I've never actually watched Gillmore Girls. But now that I know they're such book name-droppers, I just might give it a go! Have you seen the new series "Bun Heads?" I haven't, but a friend who loves GG said it reminded her of the writing from GG, so just some fyi.
ReplyDeleteAlso, because you asked, allow me to dump onto you a top ten list of my favorite reads of 2012:
http://lacymaybe.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/2012-favorites/
What were your thoughts on The Great Gatsby? I too read it in anticipation of the movie (Baz Lehrman!!!!!) but didn't really love it. Anyway, let's discuss someday, yes?
I didn't like it either! I'm glad I'm not the only one because it seems like everyone else is in love with it. But I am still excited for the movie, I just can't resist Baz.
DeleteOh and thanks for your list too!
Delete