navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coconut Oil Craze


I jumped on board the coconut oil craze a while back, but I was only using it on my hair - and to be honest it just didn't make my hair feel amazingly awesome like everyone else told me it should. It made my ends super tangly, which is probably just because of my super damaged/bleached hair, so I don't use it as a hair mask anymore.

But I do LOVE it on my skin! I was recently convinced to try self-tanning (don't ask me why, I don't even have an answer), but that isn't working out either - for the obvious reasons. Somehow I just convinced myself it would work this time since the girl on the blog made it look so natural and easy. LIES! Actually it was working and looking nice and even everywhere except my arms, which is weird and kind of the only part of me people see. 

Anyway, since I needed a good way to exfoliate I read all about coconut oil sugar scrubs and tried it and loved it. Now I have a coconut oil & baking soda face scrub that I use about once or twice a week, and I use just straight up coconut oil to remove my makeup. These little containers just hang out in the shower now all the time since I got so annoyed of mixing it up every single time.

I just use equal parts coconut oil and sugar and same with the baking soda mix (melt the oil in the microwave for just like 15 seconds, depending on how much you're using. Since I use them all in the shower, where it's nice and warm, they are all easy to use and melt right away again when I touch them (since coconut oil is solid at room temperature). Anyway, just thought I'd pass this on because I am loving these "products". 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...