navigation

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Break

We don't actually get a spring break here at BYU. But I'll call the 5 day break between winter and spring semesters our 'spring break'.

Mark and I had a lovely weekend. We were able to go to California and spend time with the Wagner family. And by 'we were able to', I mean Mark's car had some issues the day before we were planning to leave, but we got it into a place and got it back the next day. So we had one less day in California, but it was alright.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of pictures. Ever since Mark got this:
His new video camera, I'm in charge of the picture taking camera and I'm just not used to that yet so I didn't snap too many photos.

But we drove all day Friday, and by we, I mean Mark because I only drove 2 hours and Mark drove 10 or so. Saturday we headed to Napa with Mark's parents for Zach's (Mark's cousin) farewell on Sunday.

This was my first time in Napa and it was beautiful. We stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Wagner's house and it was so much fun. Mark and I actually slept in their motor home which was awesome. But on Saturday we went to the Giant's game with family. This was my first experience with a real sport event, like a real real one, not just a BYU sporting event. I had lots of fun because I had lots of treats, including, but not limited to: garlic fries, nachos, diet coke, cookies, sunflower seeds, etc.



Mark made sure I wore the Giant's colors. Orange is not my favorite and I don't like to wear it because it doesn't look good on me. Especially not bright orange. I had like a peachy orange shirt I wanted to take but was denied.


Sunday we went to Zach's farewell, it was a great meeting. And afterward they had an open house with some delicious food. Here's a random picture of us outside the church. It was super bright.


(On a side note, at this very moment I'm on campus in between classes. I'm sitting at a table by myself but I just leaned back while yawning and hit my head on the wall and now people are staring at me because it was loud)

Grandma Wagner is an avid dish collector, I found out during this trip. She was so generous in giving me some really nice dishes. We have the basic dishes for everyday use but I didn't have any nice ones to serve with or anything, so I picked up some great pieces. Pictured below.


She also generously gave us a whole set of beautiful china. Sadly for us, we forgot one of the boxes and only came home with the teacups. But we'll get everything else someday. But it's really pretty and says it's from Bavaria-Germany. Fancy stuff.


Last thing, I'm taking the death class of news reporting, as in I'm a reporter for the Daily Universe, this semester and just found out what beat I am assigned to. Nation/World/State. Politics. For reals. I'm too depressed to say anything else about that.

7 comments:

  1. Mark with a video camera! aaak! don't you know that wagner men don't ever put those things away at family functions. EVER! I am so happy you guys were able to make it to Zach's farewell. I wish we could have gone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dishes and I can't wait to read your first political article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Devry about the dishes they are beautiful. Lucky you and Mark. Can't wait to come to dinner and be served from said dishes!
    Dana would love your beat but I am sure you will do an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the dishes!! Isn't grandma the best!!

    And...about your new reporter beat? Want some opinions (and the facts that go with) you ought to give Jacquie a call (she'll be there for summer) --she is one girl with lots of opinions about politics (Marissa has many as well)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should call your weirdy political sister for some topics to report on. Your dishes are amazing, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was so great to spend some time with you and Mark -- this is Aunt Cathy--those dishes are beautiful and Grandma was sure excited to share!!! BTW- you look great in all colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?? You're over the Universe's politics?? I really can't think of anything more awesome, cousin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...